Monday, February 6, 2023

Fall in Love

“If you want love and abundance in your life, give it away.” — Mark Twain

I learned a lot about love last year. I learned that my love of self has to come first, that in order to find love, I have to give love. I learned that my love can't save anyone. No matter how much I love other sick and suffering people, I can't want their wellness more than they do.

I fell in love over and over again last year. I took several domestic road trips, and each time I checked in to a new room for the night, I fell in love. I fell in love with my hosts, their families; I fell in love with the people at meetings in halls, and church basements; I fell in love with the hills, valleys, mountains, oceans, and lakes of this great country.

And I fell even more deeply in love with myself, with my courage, my strength, my laugh, my heart, my mind, my God.

So, it matters little that I don't have one person in my life to love. I have three grown children and their partners, children and pups to love. I have hundreds of men and women all over the country to love, and they, blessedly, love me back. If you are in a relationship, love deeper. Dig in. Let go of your petty resentments. Something missing? Try providing it instead of waiting for it.

This Valentine's weekend, instead of sitting home, feeling sorry for yourself that a relationship ended or  crashed and burned on take-off,  pick up some carnations and greeting cards and donate them to the residents at a nursing home in your town.

Want love? Begin by giving it away. 

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

Check out: http://bit.ly/3JEkxaW


No comments:

Post a Comment