Thursday, December 1, 2022

Restocking Our Intentions


Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 

'Tis the season, but not necessarily in the way the phrase is commonly used in December. Rather 'tis the season for us to take stock of 2022, soon to be in the rear view mirror. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines taking stock as: to carefully think about something in order to make a decision about what to do next.

As my hosting and teaching obligations wind down in December, my attention turns to what's next? And because I generally find myself a housebound Airbnb host between May and October, my wanderlust, my strong desire to travel, my Sagittarius nature, is mighty high in the winter. (I wrote about my travel intentions a few weeks ago in my November 8 column, Autumn: A Time for Puzzles and Wanderlust.)

I heard from a good friend recently who believes that she has, at best, twenty more years here on earth. Like me, she is in her sixties and longs to be free of obligations that no longer feed her soul, for a life with no strings attached. I can relate; can you? If I don't love it, and it can be anything from a sweater I no longer wear, to a job that drains my creative energy, to a relationship with a toxic friend, life is too short to spend surrounded by people, places and things that no longer invigorate me, that no longer align with my gypsy soul and hippie heart. 

Seven months ago, I claimed my right to write without hesitation, without fear, without restraint. Out of that commitment came my deep regard for the Substack platform and the ability to ask my loyal readers to support my writing with a paid subscription. Over two dozen readers have generously offered between $5.73-$7.00/month (less than the cost of some lattes) to keep the ink flowing. One special reader is even a Mighty Muse! It is my deepest desire that you will become one of those paid subscribers in the weeks ahead. 

As we begin the march into 2023, let's continue taking stock and restocking our intentions. What are you being called to do? What's dying to be birthed? As a creative midwife, I'd love to help. Tell me how. 

(Check out this great article about the importance and practice of taking stock: http://bit.ly/3OJDae3)t



No comments:

Post a Comment