Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Review. Reflect. Rejoice.



I sat down this week and made a list of all the photography workshops I attended this year. I included the excursions that I took myself on--alone--without other photographers. The overall results surprised me. In 2021, I managed to photograph nearly two dozen locations, from an abandoned 1929 hotel in upstate New York, to a rural field of rocking horses in Massachusetts, to country barns and winding back roads in Tennessee. Why am I telling you this? 2020 and 2021 have been years of great isolation for many of us. Our hearts are heavy. Some of us have lost loved ones, jobs, health, friendships. In short, it's been a time of great transition. The one thing that has held and kept me steady is my art. The one thing I have been uncompromising on is getting out (sometimes just in my own backyard), with my camera, and doing the one thing I can control: my creative life

So I am asking you, I am imploring you to consider this question: what do you love to do? (Not who do you love; there's a big difference.)  What is the one pursuit, the one passion, that without, you simply wouldn't feel whole? Perhaps it's writing poetry, songwriting, painting, photography, design, culinary arts. If you don't know the answer, take out a piece of paper, or your journal, and allow the answers to come. We are all gifted, but some of us never open our package.

(Perhaps consider joining me in 2022 for one of my creativity courses. See link below.) 

As we tiptoe lightly into 2022, I am grateful for the opportunity to review, reflect, and rejoice in my God-given talents. 

https://www.carolmossa.com/on-the-road

No comments:

Post a Comment