Saturday, April 23, 2022

Adventure is a Worthwhile Pursuit

"I don’t want to not live because of my fear
of what could happen.”
~Laird Hamilton

When you hear the word, adventure, what images come to mind? Hang gliding? Floating above the ground in a hot air balloon? White water rafting? Driving cross country in a vintage van? You needn't be Evel Knievel to live an adventurous life. For me, hopping in my car and venturing to an abandoned building photo shoot always gets my heart pumping, and just imagining air travel activates the wanderlust in me. How about you? I bet you can draw up a whole list of worthwhile pursuits. Now tell me: what's stopping you? Are you waiting for a companion? Retirement? A bigger bank account?

In the fall of 2014 when I could no longer ignore the pull to drive cross country, I knew I'd be going solo. I had a vast network of social media friends who anticipated my adventures, but along thousands of interstate miles, I was indeed alone. I also did it on a shoestring, staying at inexpensive Airbnbs along the way. Had I let fear stop me in tracks, had I doted over loneliness, over my budget, I would have denied myself a life-changing experience. To this day, when adventure calls, I don't look around to see who else might be available, I simply go!

Your turn.  

Love, 
Carol 

Wish to join me on my adventures? Now you can. Subscribe to my channel on Heygo and follow me at: https://www.heygo.com/the-footloose-muse

Know anyone that would benefit from our community of like-minded female creatives?  Invite them to join the Footloose Muse Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thefootloosemuse



No comments:

Post a Comment