Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Renaissance Soul


For many years, I beat myself up because I couldn't seem to concentrate, zero in on, be content with just one career path. I have, at various times in my life, been (and in some cases, continue to be) a teacher, a mother, a published author, a small business owner, a public speaker, a photographer, a floorcloth artist, a fashion designer, and a massage therapist. Whew! I used to experience great shame when my then-husband would lament, "Jeez, why can't you pick ONE?"

Why, indeed?

One day a few years ago, I picked up a book at the bookstore, The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One, by Margaret Lobenstine. Reading that book, I came to understand that I was not a lost cause. Far from it. I was a Renaissance woman with diverse interests, keen intelligence, wit, wisdom, vision, and more importantly, a zest for life! All of those interests, passions, and pursuits have brought me to the place where I am today. As Director of The Well Healing Arts Center in East Greenwich, RI, I am able to use all of these gifts to bring health and wellness to a community of women seeking a chance to explore, in safety, ALL of their interests, their passions. Through educational workshops, bodywork, movement, meditation, and other holistic alternatives, more and more women are discovering their own uniqueness, authenticity, and power.  Everyone of us is gifted. Don't be afraid to unwrap the package.




No comments:

Post a Comment